December 11, 2009

mirror images

Each of them warmed to the sound of the other's voice. They lay in the dark
together, in distant cities, each of them thinking, We were lucky this time. And
they pressed their phones closer to their ears, and both of them wondered how
much longer this separation could go on.
-Her Fearful Symmetry; Audrey Niffenegger

If I were to decide which of Audrey Niffenegger's book I prefered, I'd say The Time Traveller's Wife. I think that Her Fearful Symmetry is a bit too dark for me. Oh well. Right now I'm thinking of saving up my money to buy the RM80 Wuthering Heights sold at Kinokuniya. It's hardcover so I suppose it's a good price.

Other books include:

  1. The Lost Symbol; Dan Brown
  2. Shakespeare; Bill Bryson
  3. Mastering the Art of French Cooking; Julia Child
Okay. I'm not serious about the third one. Haha. But yeah, I'd love to have it. I've been cooking lunch for the kiddos these past few days. It's hardly mum-standard, but they love it. So, yeah. Anyway. Suggest me more books, please. And nothing to do with a vampire love story or such. I NEED CHANGE YO.

No comments: